Thursday 2 April 2015

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

From doing this project I have learnt many different skills such as how to use the equipment for filming, e.g. reflectors (to fill in shadows and cast light where needed), lights (to remove shadows or create silhouettes), cameras, dolly's (to create smooth tracking shots), and tripods (to keep the camera steady).
 I have also learnt about different types of shots that could possibly be used e.g. tracking, panning, extreme close ups, mid shots, low angle shots, high angle shots etc. I have used many of these shots in my final project or in planning, I have also used a lot of the equipment mentioned as well. Some of the skills I have developed whilst filming and others I developed previously from my preliminary task and camera practice.
There are also many technologies that I have used whilst editing my footage in final cut such as colour corrector which was used to ensure that all of my shot matched each other (lighting-wise). I have also used after effects to embed my opening credits within my footage.
To create my backing track I used garage band which enabled me to select music loops and incorporate loops on top of one another. I was also able to add effects to my loops which I could fade in and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment